KMC has achieved IMS Certification by SIRIM in the areas of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment. The IMS certification gives further endorsement that KMC is a quality, safe and environmental friendly hospital
1. HOSPITAL ACCREDITATION
The Hospital Accreditation process provide hospitals with a mechanism to demonstrate their accountability in quality and safety of product and services that are delivered to their customers. KMC accreditation in February 2009 and achieved the accreditation status in August 2010 based on 3rd edition MSQH Hospital Accreditation Standards. KMC has also achieved the 2nd Accreditation Status from 2013 to 2017, based on the 4th edition of MSQH Hospital Accreditation Standards. With additional focus on outcomes of care and patient safety. The certification ascertains that KMC is a Quality and Safe Hospital in Kedah/Perlis.
- MSQH ACCREDITATION 3RD EDITION Year Achieved: 2010
- MSQH ACCREDITATION 4TH EDITION Year Achieved: 2013
2. INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (IMS)
An integrated management system (IMS) combines all related components of a business into one system for easier management and operations.
- SIRIM ISO 9001:2000 Year Achieved: 1999
- SIRIM ISO 9001:2008 Year Achieved: 2010
- SIRIM OHSAS 18001:2007 Year Achieved: 2013
- SIRIM ISO 14001:2004 Year Achieved: 2013
3. 5S CERTIFICATION
5S is effective to create an environment where quality work in a systematic and practical. In 2015, KMC has received 5S/QE (Quality Environment) certification by Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC).
- 5S CERTIFICATION Year Achieved: 2015
4. BABY FRIENDLY HOSPITAL INITIATIVE (BFHI)
The Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) is a global program that was launched by the World Health Organization (WHO) and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in 1991 to promote and support breastfeeding in environments, such as maternity units, and recommends at least six months of exclusive breastfeeding and continued breastfeeding and continued breastfeeding for two years or beyond. Kedah Medical Centre has successfully been awarded the Baby Friendly Hospital (BFH) in November 2016 by Ministry of Health Malaysia.
- BABY FRIENDLY HOSPITAL CERTIFICATION Year Achieved: 2016